- What Personal Information do we Collect?
- How do we Use Personal Information?
- How do we Disclose Personal Information?
- Your Communication Choices
- How we Protect Personal Information?
- We may transfer Personal Information Outside of Canada
- How to Access and Correct your Personal Information
- Third Party Links
- How to Contact us
We may collect the following Personal Information (defined below) and other information from you:
- Your name;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your phone number;
- Transaction information including currency and amount;
- Information you provide directly to us when you request that we conduct a specific task on your behalf using the SERVICES, or other information you provide when you communicate with us; and
- Automatically collected online identifiers such as general geographic location, IP address, and details regarding your use of the SERVICES.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the functionality of the SERVICES, including by initiating transactions as requested by you;
- To contact you regarding your use of the SERVICES;
- To understand how you and our users use the SERVICES in order to improve the SERVICES, and our marketing efforts; and
- For other purposes required by applicable law, including confirming your identity to comply with “know your client” obligations.
We may share your Personal Information with the following parties / for the following purposes:
- To service providers selected by you in your use of the SERVICES;
- To other third-party service providers to facilitate services they provide to us, including analytics providers that help us understand how our Services are used; and
- As otherwise required by applicable law.
How to contact us:
1. What Personal Information do we Collect?
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, your telephone number, email address, or individual payment and financial information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include information about a corporation, or other legal entity that is not an individual.
The Personal Information we may collect depends on how you choose to use our website and SERVICES. For example, we collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our website, or when you seek to process a payment using our SERVICES. This Personal Information may include:
- a) Your name, address, billing address, and other contact information,
- b) Information regarding the transaction you are using our SERVICES for, such as your payment information, information relating to the payment you are making (such as the amount) and information relating to the recipient or party receiving the payment, and
- c) Any other Personal Information you choose to provide to us.
2. How do we Use Personal Information?
We may collect, use and disclose Personal Information:
- to provide you with the product or service you have requested. For example, we use the payment information you provide to process your payment as you have requested,
- to manage, administer, maintain, service, collect and enforce our Terms of Service,
- to offer you additional products and SERVICES we believe you might be interested in, including by sending marketing communications through email,
- to respond to your questions or complaints,
- to investigate and settle any dispute or claim which relates to our SERVICES,
- to investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter,
- to manage, maintain, and protect our business, including to keep business records, and meet legal and regulatory requirements,
- to provide customer service and to communicate with you,
- to improve our SERVICES, including for the development of new product and service offerings,
- to keep records of your communications with us,
- to fraud prevention and to protect our company, our website, and our customers,
- to enforce and apply our terms or any agreement you have with us, and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also anonymize, aggregate or otherwise strip any Personal Information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
3. How do we Disclose Personal Information?
We may also share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With analytics vendors, including Google Analytics, order to help understand how users interact with the Services, including to understand users and potential users and their interests in BITFY products and services, to manage our relationship with users, enhance user experience on our platform and applications, improve our platforms and applications. These services may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps, and resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have in the event that we or any part of our business merges with or is acquired by a third party, or if any such transaction is proposed.
We may also disclose Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or (iii) to protect our rights, safety or property. Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent, or which is permitted or required by law.
Cookies are widely used, and most web browsers are configured initially to accept cookies automatically. You may change your Internet browser settings to prevent your computer from accepting cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you may decline its acceptance. Please note, however, if you disable cookies, you may not experience optimal performance of our website.
5. Your Communication Choices
If you receive a commercial email from us, you may opt out by using the 'unsubscribe' tool at the bottom of such messages.
If you receive an SMS from us, you may opt out by replying 'STOP' Reply 'HELP' for help, or 'INFO' for information (standard messaging rates may apply).
6. How we Protect Personal Information
BITFY uses a variety of security technologies and procedures, including organizational, technological, and physical measures to help protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Even though we have taken steps to help protect the Personal Information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
7. We may transfer Personal Information Outside of Canada
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed outside of Canada or your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States. Your Personal Information may be processed and stored in the United States and the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States may be able to obtain disclosure of your Personal Information through a lawful order made where the information is located.
By providing us with Personal Information, you understand and expressly agree that we may transfer it outside of Canada or your jurisdiction of residence. If you do not agree to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of Canada or your jurisdiction of residence, do not provide us with Personal Information.
8. How to Access and Correct your Personal Information
You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information, and may request that it be amended or corrected, if appropriate, by contacting us using the information below. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, we will not disclose certain information to you. For an example, we may not disclose information relating to you if other individuals are referenced or if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your Personal Information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your Personal Information.
We do not intend to collect Personal Information from children who are under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not provide us with any information.
10. Third Party Links
Any links from this website to other websites, or references to products, services or publications other than those of BITFY, do not imply the endorsement or approval of such websites, products, services or publications by BITFY.
12. How to Contact us
BITFY PAYMENT Inc.
Suite 197 1200 59th Ave SE